The Church is located in the village of Coxhoe approximately 6 miles from the centre of Durham City. The church is in the Durham Deanery of the Diocese of Durham..
St Mary’s is 151 years old this year; young in comparison to churches around us!
Prior to 1865 the township of Coxhoe was part of the two parishes of Kelloe and Bishop Middleham.
On the 14th May 1868 the church was consecrated by the Right Reverend Charles Baring, Lord Bishop of Durham.
In 1868 the population of the village was around 3000, with the men principally employed by the coalmines. Today the population of around 5,000 work outside of the village in a variety of commerce and industry.
Please see ‘Getting in touch ..’ for Map and contact details.
For information on Burial Records at St Mary’s Churchyard